Thursday, March 17, 2011

Judging...Part II

Interestingly enough, the message at church this week (communityoffaith.tv), was about treating people right. One of the verses that we went over was 1 Samuel 16:7: People judge by outward and appearance but the Lord looks at the heart.

So often do we not only judge by outward appearance but by outward actions...if that makes any sense. It was a great message to hear this weekend about "judging" considering that I judge all too often...I actually wonder if I can go a day without judging.

Shortly after church I was talking to a friend who had also gone to the church service and heard the message about treating people right. I was telling her about my dad. Now, I don't have a regular daughter-father relationship with my dad, and started telling her a little bit about him. BUT just a couple of minutes into my conversation...I paused my story and said...wait, I am totally judging! Even after I just heard a message about it!

It comes so easily for me to judge him and his actions. Do I really know his heart? Probably not, I'm not sure it's even possible. Sometimes his actions and words make it hard to understand and see his heart.

Along with the judging, I am conflicted about forgiving...and how many times should I forgive. Then the answer comes so easily,

Matthew 18:21-22: Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?” “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!"

No comments:

Post a Comment