Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My church - Community of Faith

I have a journal that I just found. I have one entry...that's all. It doesn't have an exact date but I know it's from early 2009. It's about how my church has impacted my life. Actually, it was a letter to the church. Here it goes...

My Story

During the last few months, I've slowly opened the door to finally establish a relationship with God. COF has helped me, tremendously, to decide that I do choose God, that He is boss of my life. Going to my first COF service back in November was a "kairos" moment for me. After going through my "quarter-life" crises, I knew that I needed a change, a positive change. It was time for me to make God my first priority. And not second to drinking and partying with my friends. COF has helped me realized that I want to serve God. Everyone I have met has been so sincere, every service is so sincere and genuine.

Being a Houston non-native for a less than a year, I have sent my friends back home the link to COF so they can see and hear the services too. I've found myself wanting and planning to do things I had never wanted before - such as volunteering at church. And hopefully getting to participate in a mission trip.

This is only the beginning of my journey to live a life that Christ would be proud of. I emailed one of my friends back home and told them of my new found devotion to God, going to church, participating in church groups...I told her that I had no desire to drink as I once looked forward to (far too often)...her response was "who is this Lanie, you are not the same person I know". She is right - I am not the same person that lived for all the wrong things. Thanks COF for helping me jumpstart a defining 2009 year!!

More than 2 years later - my church is still the greatest! The way God works through the church body and staff is pretty incredible. Here is a link to COF's website where messages can played back... http://www.communityoffaith.tv.


No comments:

Post a Comment